[hatari-devel] Max amount of GEMDOS HD file handles?

Hi Thomas,

Why Hatari GEMDOS HD file handles are limited to max 32?
https://github.com/hatari/hatari/blob/master/src/gemdos.c#L116

(That limit has been there since you added Hatari code to CVS in 2001.)

I'm asking because I came across program needing more than 32 GEMDOS HD handles.

And because EmuTOS limit is 75 handles (+ 6 standard handles):
https://github.com/emutos/emutos/blob/master/bdos/fs.h

Leaving 64 handles to TOS (same as now), and increasing GEMDOS handles from 32 e.g. to 64 should be fine, right?