Re: [hatari-devel] Regression joystick subsystem

Am Sun, 14 May 2023 08:58:19 +0000
schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Am Fri, 12 May 2023 22:34:12 +0200
> schrieb Matthias Arndt <marndt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > main reason for my recompilation was the following failure. I
> > detected it in my older Hatari build from last summer and wanted to
> > see if it is fixed now. That does not seem to be the case.
> >
> > When I start Hatari in fullscreen mode with joystick support
> > enabled, e.g. USB gamepad, it seems to work fine and all movements,
> > buttons do work.
> > If I now toggle fullscreen to windowed mode, the joystick stops
> > working. Also reconfiguration to keyboard joystick seems not to
> > work.
> >
> > This is with the SDL2 backend.
> >
> > I can confirm the regression as a Hatari binary build in 2021 from
> > my backup works ok with the same configuration and game image,
>
> Which version was that 2021 image? Is it working still fine if you
> check out that old version from the git repository and recompile it?
> If so, could you bisect where it is breaking?
>
>  Thomas

$ /opt/hatari/bin/hatari-2021-05-12 --help

Hatari v2.4.0-devel (May 12 2021) - the Atari ST, STE, TT and Falcon
emulator.

I normally attempt compiling in the evenings including updated sources
so I would try baselines around that.

I would guess my build back then used this commit as I cannot find one
closer to my compile date:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/commit/?id=094cd3acf76c7b52da28be18d3caf78d8fb5e3eb

Best regards,
Matthias