Re: [hatari-devel] Possible problem with Blitter emulation

On Samstag, 19. November 2022 14:49:54 CET Thorsten Otto wrote:

>Unfortunately i have no idea what's wrong here.

Hm, ok, did a few more tests, and maybe its just a bug in smurf itself. I didn't realize that i did most of my tests without setting interlace, so i ended up with a resolution of 640x200x8. That explains the strange layout of the startup window, and also those wrong looking corners. And it appears the the bus-error is also gone with a resolution of 640x400x8.

So to summarize:

640x480x8 (VGA): works

640x240x8 (VGA): works

640x400x8 (RGB): works

640x200x8 (RGB): crashes

There also seems to be a regression between the 106d version and the 106gpl version. In the former, the corners look like this:

In the latter, they look like this:

So either some calculation of the position changed, or they forgot to properly clip it (or both). The 106gpl seems to overwrite 1 pixel of the window border at the bottom.

I also have to figure out whether that is just a gimmick, or really serves some purpose ;)