|Re: [hatari-devel] Removing SDL use for byte order checks / conversions|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Removing SDL use for byte order checks / conversions
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 18:49:57 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1664736599; bh=UH0LyDo9wnLSKFjVrjFIU9LSK4xPOgXjtl/vHjegFg4=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=KsibR9VPWpCfp+8+QpCjpM9+2WEDR53EF299x9NXQsxXVg0NtmFi3WJCMR6Zbuele lshmuiAq3hDk9GJhcDK2GH2MI46KTTCH+C6L/6jyZN1WKLjhKYSmiglQ9uKm/dFCoF q7id2YdIw5Tgdal+7hhK4aepp3JbnP7pZ2HNQ9UBuKsh44v8uBrssAV52RsIcYbTil eaEazN6yWCKIhh067GUj/EDQN2bKJOb2Ux5iEYvNG3EqGk92oPpnXHVUHYBUlBAtsj wHN4tD+MWfrk3NljfJnhCPw4JryC6oHPO73FzQPPNIeQFjNI+ZZ57u8IscRcJ2rU3h Iz1AONkq8ntgw==
Am Sun, 2 Oct 2022 20:59:42 +0300
schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hi Thomas,
> I noticed that you recently got rid of SDL dependency for byte order
> checks / conversions in several files.
> Finding remaining (not screen*) files using SDL for that, but not any
> other SDL functionality:
> $ for i in $(git grep -l -e SDL_BYTEORDER -e SDL_Swap | grep -v /screen); do
> echo "*** $i ***";
> grep SDL_ $i | grep -v -e SDL_BYTEORDER -e SDL_Swap -e SDL_endian;
> Are you going to convert those too?
No, I don't think it is necessary right now. I only converted the other
files to be finally able to link tests/debugger/ and the tools without
dependencies to the SDL headers (to fix the problem with the SDL framework
on macOS there that Andreas recently reported). The other files that you
listed are not used there, so I think it's ok if they continue to use the
SDL functions for now.
> Btw. I noticed also this commit:
> "dmaSnd.c still needs SDL_stdinc.h for the M_PI constant"
> "dmaSnd.c" already includes "main.h", which include <math.h>, which
> provides M_PI. Why <SDL_stdinc.h> is needed?
Without that, compilation was broken with VisualStudio: