Re: [hatari-devel] Removing SDL use for byte order checks / conversions

Am Sun, 2 Oct 2022 20:59:42 +0300

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I noticed that you recently got rid of SDL dependency for byte order
> checks / conversions in several files.
>
> Finding remaining (not screen*) files using SDL for that, but not any
> other SDL functionality:
> $ for i in $(git grep -l -e SDL_BYTEORDER -e SDL_Swap | grep -v /screen); do
>    echo "*** $i ***";
>    grep SDL_ $i | grep -v -e SDL_BYTEORDER -e SDL_Swap -e SDL_endian;
> done
[...]
> Are you going to convert those too?

No, I don't think it is necessary right now. I only converted the other
files to be finally able to link tests/debugger/ and the tools without
dependencies to the SDL headers (to fix the problem with the SDL framework
on macOS there that Andreas recently reported). The other files that you
listed are not used there, so I think it's ok if they continue to use the
SDL functions for now.

> Btw. I noticed also this commit:
> "dmaSnd.c still needs SDL_stdinc.h for the M_PI constant"
>
> "dmaSnd.c" already includes "main.h", which include <math.h>, which
> provides M_PI.  Why <SDL_stdinc.h> is needed?

Without that, compilation was broken with VisualStudio:

https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6045603464478720?logs=main#L752