Re: [hatari-devel] Switching from SDL_types.h to inttypes.h ?

On 28.9.2022 21.00, Troed Sångberg wrote:
On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 at 19:38, Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I will cleanup screen.c + convert/.

Question is: Shall we also convert the spots that are actually calling SDL
functions? ... I don't mind anyway, but others might argue that SDL-related
stuff should still use the SDL-related types?

I was of two minds about that, but eventually decided that it's clearer to convert all. There's no ambiguity which type should be used in which situation, coding conventions rule is trivial, as is check against it.

I'll wait until there's consensus on this though. If it's OK for everybody to convert all instances, I can do conversion for rest of the code.

(IMHO only downside is huge amount of changes which requires additional step when doing "git blame".)

> I would be in favor of keeping them in those cases. When SDL gets switched out in the future (or in a fork) you'd want to make sure you revisit all affected code.

I think all SDL functions, and almost all defines have "SDL_" prefix, so finding them should be no problem. If one misses some of them, compiler will point out rest after removing inclusion of SDL headers.