Re: [hatari-devel] macOS: SDL 2.14 build issues and missing PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER

On 18.9.2022 17.42, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 18/09/2022 à 16:19, Thomas Huth a écrit :

Seems like this SDL2Config.cmake is available since SDL v2.0.6 (released in
2017), so I assume all recent distros should ship with at least that
version ... or is anybody still compiling Hatari on an older system that
does not have at least SDL 2.0.6 yet?

SDL2 belongs to desktop, not server packages, so we need to be concerned only LTS distros desktop support, not extended server (ELTS) support.

Oldest supported Ubuntu desktop LTS, 18.04, has v2.0.8:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/source/bionic/libsdl2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_version_history#Version_timeline

Same as OpenSUSE Leap 15.x:
https://software.opensuse.org/package/SDL2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSUSE#Version_history

Debian Stretch (9) has v2.0.5:
https://packages.debian.org/source/stretch/libsdl2

But although packages.debian.org still lists v9, it just ran out of LTS support, and has only ELTS support:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian_version_history#Release_table

I'm not completely sure how to search RHEL package versions without RHEL subscription, but according to this, oldest LTS supported RHEL (v7) seems to have SDL2 v2.0.14:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/SDL2
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux#Product_life_cycle

=> Even LTS versions of Desktop distros have new enough SDL2.

+1 for removing our internal version of find SDL2, I remember some strange issue when building with mingw, relying on the official script should be better.

Does mingw SDL package include SDL2Config.cmake?