Re: [hatari-devel] macOS: SDL 2.14 build issues and missing PRODUCT_BUNDLE_IDENTIFIER

Am Sun, 18 Sep 2022 13:42:50 +0000
schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Am Sun, 4 Sep 2022 09:03:53 +0200
> schrieb Andreas Grabher <andreas_g86@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > > Am 21.08.2022 um 15:38 schrieb Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>:

> > > Seems they added some sed statements here to add that SDL2/ folder:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/libsdl-org/SDL/commit/41b9198515339d3a62f
> > >
> > > No clue why they did that, though. It sounds like this will break a lot of
> > > build systems...
> > >
> > > Also no clue how to fix this properly ... do any macOS experts have a clue
> > > here?
> > >
> > It seems this patch fixes the issue with Previous. It should work the same way for Hatari: https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code/1161/ <https://sourceforge.net/p/previous/code/1161/>
>
> Thanks! But I have to admit that I don't understand that patch ... What do
> these "::" statements mean? Is this a new CMake feature? I've never seen
> these before, do you have a URL with an explanation for these at hand?

At least I've understood now why you were able to remove the FindSDL2.cmake
file from the repository: Seems like recent SDL2 versions install their own
config file for CMake (SDL2Config.cmake), so find_package(SDL2) then uses
the contents of that file instead of the FindSDL2.cmake from Hatari, right?

Seems like this SDL2Config.cmake is available since SDL v2.0.6 (released in
2017), so I assume all recent distros should ship with at least that
version ... or is anybody still compiling Hatari on an older system that
does not have at least SDL 2.0.6 yet?