Re: [hatari-devel] Bugs with memory snapshot saving from SDL GUI

* Dialog not being shown when it should (or if SDL supports multiple
layers, not on top layer)

I just replied to the thread in atari-forum about this last one. Pasting the same text here for visibility in this thread:

I think what's happening here is that Hatari only actually attempts to write the snapshot to disk when emulation is unpaused, which in the case of hte SDL GUI happens when the GUI is closed. The relevant code is in MemorySnapShot_OpenFile in Hatari's source tree, which ultimately gets called from the UAE code, though I confess that I don't understand it all yet.

I'm not clear whether this is the cause of the issues reported in this thread though.

I'm not easily able to try to reproduce this issue myself because I'm using a Mac but I might try getting Hatari working on my Raspberry Pi if I get the chance and see if any of this stuff happens there.

WTF?

        - Eero

PS. Apparently this bug is there both with Hatari v2.4.0 and v2.4.1.