Re: [hatari-devel] The external disassembler is now really external

On Sonntag, 28. August 2022 12:48:07 CEST Thomas Huth wrote:

> Even if Capstone is not perfect yet, people from other projects

> will contribute there, too, so the pain of maintainence is (hopefully) much

> lower here.

I understand that maintaining 2 versions is a pain, but OTOH, it is unlikely that they have to be changed often. And i think capstone was a bad choice:

a) even if those 2300 lines of code could be removed, that adds a ~4MB library, and an external dependency to the project

b) Beside the already mentioned bugs, there are other bugs for m68k that are partly already fixed, but are only in the master branch, not the 4.0.2 release

c) That release is already more than 2 years old.

d) Even if a new release is made, we all know how long it can take that such newer releases actually appear in distributions.

e) Even for current architectures like arm, the last change there is more than 3 years old. Looks that this project has stalled.

Not to mention that IMHO the output is generally broken, by putting spaces between the operands.