[hatari-devel] Hatari Windows 2.4.1 release and PortMidi?

User on Atari forum complained about Hatari Windows version not coming with MIDI support. I first thought he meant some kind of build issue, but apparently Hatari 2.4.x Windows builds do not include PortMidi support.

(I checked that PortMidi lib is missing from Hatari 64-bit Windows zip, and assume it's not build statically into Hatari binary.)

When I looked where PortMidi currently resides, There's now a newer project at GitHub, which provides only source releases (including some Mac M1 fixes):
	https://github.com/PortMidi/portmidi

Debian/Ubuntu are still getting it from Sourceforge, but that just mirrors GitHub:
	http://portmedia.sourceforge.net/

There was a GitHub project ticket about binary releases, but it was closed with a comment that other projects could just link portmidi statically:
https://github.com/PortMidi/portmidi/issues/15

Eventually I found latest (v2.0.3) Windows portmidi binary from here:
https://packages.msys2.org/base/mingw-w64-portmidi

Through this:
https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/tree/master/mingw-w64-portmidi

But maybe it's better to build portmidi library from sources for Windows, than use that?

(I have no interest in Windows, so I'm not doing it, this is just to help anybody who might look into it.)

FYI: All current Fedora and Debian / Ubuntu Linux distro versions have portmidi v1:217, with which Hatari has been tested, and the latest v2.x portmidi has some API changes:
https://github.com/PortMidi/portmidi/releases