Re: [hatari-devel] Warnings with Windows build

Le 21/08/2022 à 11:16, Thomas Huth a écrit :

I tried to workaround the problem when I saw it back then with Fedora 34,
but that only caused other issues (sorry, I don't remember the details), so
I certainly won't be trying to fix that now again. Also consider that the
warning is gone with later versions of MinGW again, so that's really an
indication that they were on the wrong track here. If the warning bugs you,
then simply switch it off in your CFLAGS.

Hi

I confirm that in my case, using mingw32-gcc-12.1.1-1 for mageia distrib, there's no warning at all during compilation.

From what I see in the logs, there's also no warning in these daily builds at http://antarctica.no/~hatari/latest/windows/ (which seems to use mingw gcc 12 too)

so, as thomas wrote, it seems it was fixed in some later mingw version and maybe it's just that debian ships a not recent enough mingw.