Re: [hatari-devel] The external disassembler is now really external

Le 20/08/2022 à 11:24, Thomas Huth a écrit :

  Hi!

Now that 2.4.1 has been released, I've committed some patches that finally
get rid of the hard-to-maintain "external" disassembler code in Hatari.
But instead of getting rid of the external disassembler completely, I've
replaced it with the Capstone library, so if you don't like the WinUAE
disassembly output, you can still get some more traditional disassembly
that way.

Please have a look, and I've got a question: Was anybody using the config
flags of the external disassembler so far, i.e. using "--disasm 0xXX" to
configure upper/lower case or to switch between A7 and SP in the output?
I've implemented the upper/lower case settings, but getting the other flags
working again with the Capstone disassembler would be quite cumbersome...
So unless anybody urgently needs this, I rather tend to remove that config
switches completely instead.

Hi

I didn't know about this lib, I will have a look at the result, it's interesting as for switching lower / upper and a7/sp, I don't use that myself (although I prefer lower case)