Re: [hatari-devel] The external disassembler is now really external

Le 20/08/2022 à 22:08, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :
Le 20/08/2022 à 11:24, Thomas Huth a écrit :

  Hi!

Now that 2.4.1 has been released, I've committed some patches that finally
get rid of the hard-to-maintain "external" disassembler code in Hatari.
But instead of getting rid of the external disassembler completely, I've
replaced it with the Capstone library, so if you don't like the WinUAE
disassembly output, you can still get some more traditional disassembly
that way.

Please have a look, and I've got a question: Was anybody using the config
flags of the external disassembler so far, i.e. using "--disasm 0xXX" to
configure upper/lower case or to switch between A7 and SP in the output?
I've implemented the upper/lower case settings, but getting the other flags
working again with the Capstone disassembler would be quite cumbersome...
So unless anybody urgently needs this, I rather tend to remove that config
switches completely instead.

Hi

I didn't know about this lib, I will have a look at the result, it's interesting as for switching lower / upper and a7/sp, I don't use that myself (although I prefer lower case)

Had a first look at the result, seems fine so far but I think there's an issue if you want to use the disasm output and copy it into devpac for example.

see this :

$00fc15b0 : c03c 0007                          and.b     #$7, d0

there's a ' ' (space) after the ',' and before d0

If you assemble this line under devpac, you will get an error, d0 will be seen as a missing argument because of the extra ' '.

If you assemble :
 and.b #7,d0

it will work under devpac (I didn't check with vasm)

Is there any option in capstone to remove such extra formatting ? I think it would be great if disasm result could always be assembled back after a copy/paste into devpac/vasm.