Re: [hatari-devel] ASAN issues with tests

Le 31/07/2022 à 16:33, Thomas Huth a écrit :
Am Sun, 31 Jul 2022 14:08:20 +0200
schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Le 31/07/2022 à 13:57, Nicolas Pomarède a écrit :

Maybe there's an ASAN option to ignore leaks from SDL lib ? (in my case
I'm using sdl 2.0.20)

This seems possible :
https://github.com/google/sanitizers/wiki/AddressSanitizerLeakSanitizer

If I create asan_ignore.txt with just one line

leak:SDL_InitSubSystem_REAL

running the test prints just :

Suppressions used:
    count      bytes template
       33       3125 SDL_InitSubSystem_REAL

test is started adding "LSAN_OPTIONS=suppressions=asan_ignore.txt"

eg :

ASAN_OPTIONS="fast_unwind_on_malloc=0"
LSAN_OPTIONS=suppressions=asan_ignore.txt ../../src/hatari --log-level
fatal --fast-forward on --sound off --run-vbls 1000 --tos none  blitemu.ttp

thomas, does it work for you ?

That seems to suppress the leaks indeed, but since it still prints
something to the console, we likely can't use this for "make test" since it
still will make the diff'ing impossible for the tests that need it.

I guess the ASAN is really just something that we should check manually
before the release... adding it to the CI sounds too fragile.

yes, that's also what I think. Run it manually from time to time, but not on an automatic basis.