Re: [hatari-devel] Preparing for next release 2.4

Am Fri, 1 Jul 2022 17:56:55 +0300

> Hi Teemu,
>
> On 27.6.2022 22.45, Teemu Hukkanen wrote:
> > A small patch has been sent my way for fixing hatari build on RISC-V,
> > the patch is attached.
> > <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1012255>
>
> What RISC-V header is causing the conflict, for which compiler / library
> it is, and why define from such a thing ends in Hatari build?
>
> I mean, if this really is RISC-V specific issue, I'm not sure Hatari is
> the correct place to work around it (e.g. compiler's own defines should
> be prefixed with '_').

I think I agree with Eero - this sounds like it should rather be fixed in
the RISC-V system / libc headers by adding an underscore in front of the
macro there.

We can leave the work-around in Hatari in place for now, but in the long
run, I'd appreciate if someone who's involved with RISC-V could report the
bug there, too.