Re: [hatari-devel] Falcon tests -> sound issues

Le 17/06/2022 à 18:37, Laurent Sallafranque a écrit :
Hi,

Excellent news. Well done Nicolas !

I've tested "4musiK", some demos with sound, Audio Fun machine (AFM), some games and everything seems ok again.

I'll do more tests tonight to confirm that.

Is it a placebo feeling or the falcon sounds much better now ?

I find the falcon sound better than before (with EkoSystem demo for example, or many other demos tested)

The falcon microphone works well too and the sound is very nice.

Hi

sound quality should be improved, in the sense that the new YM2149 will now drive the sound emulation to always target 44100 bytes per sec ; for example if output freq is 44100, falcon code previously generated 882 bytes of sound on every VBL. But in fact there're 50.053 VBL per sec and the number of sound samples per VBL should alternate between 881 and 882 to reach a target value pf 881.066.

Not sure the difference can be heard, but in theory it's better :)