Re: [hatari-devel] Problematic ST / STE demos in compatibility list?

On 2.6.2022 12.40, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 02/06/2022 à 11:32, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
On 2.6.2022 11.00, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 02/06/2022 à 00:00, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
There are quite a few ST + STE demos in the compatibility list that have been marked to be problematic, but are listed as being tested last with very old Hatari version (some even with v1.1).
...> from a very quick look at the lists, most STF issues are related to
planes being shifted in some overscan effect (often due to 'bad' overscan timings). Those cases are not handled yet in Hatari, so I think the STF list is rather up to date

Which ones you are not sure about?

(I'd like to set 2.4 version for the ones you're sure about, to note that that there's no hurry in retesting them.)

except chaos / pandemonium, I'm sure demos related to monochrome, mixing mid/low res on same line and shifted planes still don't work.

Ok, that covers:
- Dead Braincells: Monoscreen
- Futur Minds: Snork
- Omega: Omega

What about "M.C.S: Delirious Demos IV", and is temporary fix to "TNT Crew: Death of the left border" now permanent, or not working any more?

Except Chaos / Pandemonium / 3D screen : it doesn't crash anymore, can't tell when it was fixed, but I think it was a long time ago.

I guess v2.3 is close enough for that?

I think it was even before that, but it would take too much time to bisect when exactly. So 2.3 can be ok.

I also verified that it is fixed with latest.

For the STE list, I think most of the issues are related to changing video address when display is ON, which is not supported yet.

Which ones you're not sure about?

(I could test those, and set 2.4 version for rest, to note that that they do not need retesting.)

there's one about timings issues between blitter and mfp, this would need to be checked again, I don't think it still fails. For the rest you can set 2.4

Which one that is? I do not see any STE demo stating issue to be with blitter+mfp...?

(I checked 3 demos where the stated issue is
obvious.)