Re: [hatari-devel] build test fails for macos on cirrus ci

On 1.6.2022 0.30, Chris Jenkins wrote:
FYI I can reproduce the failure by running cmdfifo.sh on my Mac. Hatari
fails to write the audio file $testdir/sndrec.wav.

Is that failure 100% reproducible?

I'm asking because now when testing this myself on Linux, I got a failure *once* in it when running the whole test-set. However, I was unable to reproduce that.

And I never got it when I ran just cmdfifo test, either directly, or with:
	ctest -V -I 4,4

What's curious is that if I invoke hatari myself with the --cmd-fifo option
and then echo "hatari-shortcut recsound" to the fifo, it _does_ write the
wav file. So I'm not quite sure what is going wrong here.

Any suggestions for what I can do to debug this?

Try running the test in a loop to see whether it's 100% reproducible. And provide the exact output from Hatari ("out.txt" file) when there's error.

Based on your first comment, it seems that problem might not be with the cmdfifo functionality itself, but in the Hatari functionality that is tested through it.

Nicolas, cmdfifo test is the only test checking that Hatari sound, video, memory state and screenshot saving functionalities actually produce a file.

I.e. IMHO we should not just disable cmdfifo test again, because that would mean lacking even basic testing for several significant functions in Hatari.

	- Eero

On Tue, 31 May 2022 at 20:58, Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>