Re: [hatari-devel] Re: PortAudio replaced

Am Sat, 8 Jan 2022 22:56:31 +0100
schrieb Laurent Sallafranque <laurent.sallafranque@xxxxxxx>:

> I confirm my first try of this afternoon.
>
> The microphone is broken.

Too bad :-(

Some questions:

1) Which Linux distro and which SDL version are you using?

2) Do you have multiple microphone inputs on your computer? E.g. a
direct mic on the Laptop and one in the dock? If so, could it be that
SDL uses a different default mic than PortAudio?

> I've tested the version n-1 and the sound is OK with AFM and Winrec.

I tried to find these programs on the internet, but so far I failed ...
are these freely available somewhere?

I only tested the mic input with WHIP! and it was working fine for me
there.

> With the SDL2 version, the sound is garbage, it loops forever, ...

Is there anything recognizable at all in the "garbage"? Or is it just
random?

Something to try: I changed FRAMES_PER_BUFFER from 64 to 512 since 64
seemed to be a very small value for SDL ... does it work different for
you if you change it back to 64?

Could you maybe add a fprintf to the beginning of the
Microphone_Callback statement to see whether nLen contains sane values?