|Re: [hatari-devel] Re: PortAudio replaced|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Re: PortAudio replaced
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 20:55:54 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1641761756; bh=EFVi1u+FbPHOfCea6pHOAcCQ4JV4V1kmm5dOXsjnOso=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=PCFDpd1v6LliRNmn6ZwenoP9xlcGmaq5k6rsWFErytj3UlLjh0ns2nGBcXhCNFw2q ub7nsMd/nQzHrwA6yQo9HLdEu71ZLWnK7YWQ5Z19OzqAQAHcMuCh3lJ7Eeg0fY7Ltw lB8RlLRWDi0qrbACzeswSj0BZSH3Z/meR/gezths5FghXS+B6HBLFrSdzGBGJHEX+D 26Hu70flxVSyJy2OkItaO3xt+Q8FSEtvWEPY2kW1rb28Zsa0UjRuF39hIgqI22LeUB cvcgzUf1ZRfRjEkuNwZktqaZcLPTZAttEc2PCvEhoKv2o3jpBsIQOuM1miESS+iDuw XS/KbB7FpDyuA==
Am Sat, 8 Jan 2022 22:56:31 +0100
schrieb Laurent Sallafranque <laurent.sallafranque@xxxxxxx>:
> I confirm my first try of this afternoon.
> The microphone is broken.
Too bad :-(
1) Which Linux distro and which SDL version are you using?
2) Do you have multiple microphone inputs on your computer? E.g. a
direct mic on the Laptop and one in the dock? If so, could it be that
SDL uses a different default mic than PortAudio?
> I've tested the version n-1 and the sound is OK with AFM and Winrec.
I tried to find these programs on the internet, but so far I failed ...
are these freely available somewhere?
I only tested the mic input with WHIP! and it was working fine for me
> With the SDL2 version, the sound is garbage, it loops forever, ...
Is there anything recognizable at all in the "garbage"? Or is it just
Something to try: I changed FRAMES_PER_BUFFER from 64 to 512 since 64
seemed to be a very small value for SDL ... does it work different for
you if you change it back to 64?
Could you maybe add a fprintf to the beginning of the
Microphone_Callback statement to see whether nLen contains sane values?