Re: [hatari-devel] MIDI IRQ handling bug

Le 12/12/2021 à 14:23, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi Nicolas,

Current Hatari IRQ handling is buggy for MIDI. Midi_UnInit() disables MIDI IRQ, but Midi_Init() does not enable it, only calling Midi_Reset() does, which does not happen on MIDI device change.

(Similarly to handling of RS232, SCC & printer devices, MIDI device change at run-time does not trigger reset.)

I tried calling Midi_Reset() directly from Midi_Init(), but that freezes Hatari at startup (to somewhere in interrupt handling code).

Attached patch seems to work, but I assume all the things done by Midi_Reset() should not be done just on device change.

Could you look into what's the correct fix?

Hi

what scenario should I use to see this case and reproduce it ?