[hatari-devel] Chambers of Shaolin

Hi guys,

I am in the process of fixing some Automation menus & cracks for the forthcoming official site. Currently I am fixing menu 450 which contains Thalion's Chambers of Shaolin.

The crack has 4 code paths :-

ST 1/2 meg
ST > 1/2 meg
STe 1/2 meg
STe > 1/2 Meg

For both half meg code paths the game plays standard YM chip music in the intro (after the generic Thalion intro). On the ST if you have at least 1 meg you can select to see the sample intro, this features a YM digi routine. Similarly on the STe for 1 meg it will play sample music using DMA.

Both ST code paths work fine under Hatari, as does the half meg STe code path (YM). However the STe digi music does not play correctly, the intro music can be heard for a couple of seconds then silence.

The MSA I'm using can be found here

http://d-bug.me/shw/A_450v2.msa

I also ripped the STe music for the SNDH archive :

http://sndh.atari.org/sndh/sndh_sf/mad_max/games/cos_ste.snd

This exhibits the same behaviour through SND-Player and Hatari.

I'm using Hatari 2.31 but also tried 2.4 development version.

Any ideas?

Phil

grazey/PHF
shw/D-Bug