Re: [hatari-devel] Autostart with stored memory state

I'll let you know when I start Hatari again (I also owe Eero some testing) but in the end, I'd learned to live with that.. I think I found out that I was saving the state too early or something like that, i.e. that UI pretended that everything was saved but I had push OK first and then reenter the UI again and save my setting or something like that -- it was still a bug (creating nonsensical .sav files) but not so fatal anymore.

On Sun, 24 Oct 2021 at 09:25, Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Tue, 27 Jul 2021 08:25:07 +0200
schrieb Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> don't know if I'm doing something wrong but with latest Hatari 2.3.1
> for win64 I'm unable to get this feature working. If I save the
> state, I see a new hatari.sav created in my AppData folder. If I
> check that "autostart feature", I see another auto.sav created there.
> So I close Hatari, start again and boom, crash.
>
> While looking at the files I noticed they have different file sizes
> (962 456 = ok, 960 183 = not ok). So I rename hatari.sav to auto.sav,
> start hatari, everything's great. Close Hatari, auto.sav has again
> different size (to be honest, not sure whether that size has changed
> exactly then).
>
> Can anyone verify this? Attaching my cfg, can provide the memory
> snapshots as well.

 Hi Miro,

did you ever find a solution for this problem? I just tried to recreate
it (with the current development version on Linux), but it seems to
work fine for me...

If the problem still persists, could you maybe try to set
"nTextLogLevel = 5" and see whether there is anything interesting in
the log file afterwards?

http://mikro.atari.org