Re: [hatari-devel] Autostart with stored memory state

On 24.10.2021 10.24, Thomas Huth wrote:
Am Tue, 27 Jul 2021 08:25:07 +0200
schrieb Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek@xxxxxxxxx>:
don't know if I'm doing something wrong but with latest Hatari 2.3.1
for win64 I'm unable to get this feature working. If I save the
state, I see a new hatari.sav created in my AppData folder. If I
check that "autostart feature", I see another auto.sav created there.
So I close Hatari, start again and boom, crash.

While looking at the files I noticed they have different file sizes
(962 456 = ok, 960 183 = not ok). So I rename hatari.sav to auto.sav,
start hatari, everything's great. Close Hatari, auto.sav has again
different size (to be honest, not sure whether that size has changed
exactly then).

Maybe your Hatari instance for some reason crashes
on exit while it's auto-saving the state.

Have you tried running it under debugger?

Can anyone verify this? Attaching my cfg, can provide the memory
snapshots as well.

did you ever find a solution for this problem? I just tried to recreate
it (with the current development version on Linux), but it seems to
work fine for me...

If the problem still persists, could you maybe try to set
"nTextLogLevel = 5" and see whether there is anything interesting in
the log file afterwards?