Re: [hatari-devel] Debugger question

On 23.10.2021 22.25, Roger Burrows wrote:
On 23 Oct 2021 at 18:45, Thorsten Otto wrote:
On Samstag, 23. Oktober 2021 18:12:14 CEST Roger Burrows wrote:
I'm trying to debug an EmuTOS issue (as usual).  I want to dump a big
range
of memory to a file for subsequent examination.

Im not sure what command you are using there, but can't you just use the
savebin command to write the memory to a file, then examine that with a hex
editor?

Thanks, Thorsten (and also Eero who posted at the same time).

I just didn't notice that command for some reason.  Perhaps I was looking for a
command with 'mem' in the name ...  'savebin' is what I want!

It's probably too late to change the names of
the commands, but maybe their descriptions
could be improved:
      memdump ( m) : dump memory
     memwrite ( w) : write bytes/words/longs to memory
      loadbin ( l) : load a file into memory
      savebin (  ) : save memory to a file
?

(I already commited a small improvement to
several commands' detailed descriptions.)

"logfile" command is easy to overlook as its
in the general section.  This is because logging
applies both to CPU & DSP (disassembly etc), but
I changed at least its short desc to be more
explicit of what it does:
      logfile ( f) : set (memdump/disasm/etc) log file