Re: [hatari-devel] DSP Bootstrap ROM

Le 23/09/2021 à 13:18, Andreas Grabher a écrit :
The actual loop is some kind of hack, that partially simulates what the bootstrap program does. While in that loop the DSP does not run. That saves lots of host CPU cycles.

I don‘t know how the DSP is connected on the Falcon. On the NeXT it is possible to select DSP mode by software via system control register.
Furthermore it would be possible to set the DSP to any mode by writing to the OMR. But I did not yet see a program doing that.

maybe someone needs to check falcon's doc first to see if such bootstrap mode is possible on real HW. If not, I'm not sure we need to backport this bootstrap code from Previous.