|Re: [hatari-devel] Patch to enhance symbol names of Pure-C executables|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Patch to enhance symbol names of Pure-C executables
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 05:41:53 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1621834915; bh=0IByaFWyZoSw8CjBc6r4tbGxJJGOg2tgNpA0/NPYGZc=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=qV4awUZjoyuLOc03SrbmjYIBwzqcNwv3rmRkIh8E8WNL9bGZhWXvBX2BrKC3vn81D PHqwtPQGpLL46rtFZESEqlgn6UmoNoKq7JhKb6RsPsvRsckgnc7AXCLFHR/0RcWMwx tok3aaJSH87aL2GqCquOW/kNw01nqmAWmKkIUdW6IiZKrDjeym7kBbn8h+xvPdhnd+ WH9lSZnGqDxXuWQAma7Pzrs6Po9kRzSlPjGm40FvMFfzeeJzOtRkGw0kzyLL9V2wNm woV7ox+owcmbm8cfETI/KC+Fyt01UWtAljxs9Ugg08t4/g09a1i0kT5nPiycW5dzkH rCwj+H7yuspng==
Am Wed, 5 May 2021 00:48:47 +0300
schrieb Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I'm thinking of whether Hatari could have some
> kind of automated testing for correct symbol loading from binaries,
> but that would require
> adding several binaries (having different types
> of symbol tables) to Hatari repo.
> Thomas, any comments on that?
Depends ... if the source code of the binaries is available and the
size of the binaries is only some few kilobytes, I think it's ok.
Otherwise that should maybe rather go into a separate test suite ...
maybe we could open a separate repository for tests that fetch
additional stuff from the internet?