Re: [hatari-devel] Patch to enhance symbol names of Pure-C executables

Hi Thorsten,

Sorry this took so long (WFH makes me avoid
computers at home nowadays)...

On 4.4.2021 2.13, Eero Tamminen wrote:
On 31.3.2021 21.25, Thorsten Otto wrote:
On Mittwoch, 31. März 2021 18:44:01 CEST Thorsten Otto wrote:
I'll try to come up with a new serious
of patches that moves the common code first.

And here we go. Common code has been moved to
separate file, so the (new) patch  affects both
the tool and Hatari's symbol command.

I pushed your changes few days ago.

Thanks!

I'm thinking that options should go also to
common code, and internal debugger should have
the same options as external too, so that common
code is exactly the same for both cases.

I'll look into that in next few days and hopefully
get rid of all the ifdefs.  If you have additional
changes or refactored patches, please mail them
first.

And did these and few additional improvements
to the shared code.

I've also added a heuristic to autodetect
address offsets, hope that works in all cases.

Unfortunately it was completely broken...

Checking DATA & BSS symbols against TEXT len is
a good idea, I like it.

For testing purposes, you can download
an ORCS.PRG with debug information from
http://tho-otto.de/download/orcsdbg.prg

Great, thanks!

....even with the above test-case.

But I've now hopefully pushed fixes to all
the issues.

I'm thinking of whether Hatari could have some
kind of automated testing for correct symbol loading from binaries, but that would require
adding several binaries (having different types
of symbol tables) to Hatari repo.

Thomas, any comments on that?

Btw. opendune binaries:
https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?p=409923#p409923

Are an example of DRI symbols which need section
specific offsets.  I have no idea what Nanard uses
to build it though.

	- Eero