Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari reset loop during EmuTOS automated testing (was: Interrupt-driven I/O for TT MFP)

Le 09/04/2021 à 12:42, Christian Zietz a écrit :
Hi,
cross-posting to EmuTOS and Hatari lists, as this is really strange: So, EmuTOS automated tests using a TT emulated by Hatari broke after this commit:
https://github.com/emutos/emutos/commit/8e40b049d8eb0f77012630f8898488ba675a45d4
... which is /not/ the MFP interrupt commit, BTW.
On my fork on GitHub I enabled debug output from Hatari. See attached log file. To me, this looks as if Hatari is stuck in a reset loop until the maximum number of VBLs is reached. EmuTOS GitHub Actions build is using Hatari 2.1.0 (from the respective Ubuntu package). However, with Hatari 2.1.0 for Windows (from the official download page), I cannot reproduce the issue: the test passes fine there. To me, this looks as if there is a bug, not in EmuTOS, but in the Ubuntu (or Linux) version of Hatari 2.1.0. Any idea how to proceed? Since I can currently only reproduce this on GitHub Actions, I cannot test interactively. Is there anyone that has access to a machine with Ubuntu Bionic and could confirm that the EmuTOS tests ("make test") fail there?
Regards
Christian

Hi

Having different result depending on the OS/version looks like some out of bound memory accesses that exists since some time but maybe got only triggered now due to reset_mfp_regs() being shorter than it was before and different code space.

Does it only fail my the 1024 KB emutos version ? not with the shorter ones ?

Do you have a way to run with "--trace all,-cpu_regs,-int" to get the disasm outpout of what is happening and to see where it is looping ?

Nicolas