Re: [hatari-devel] TRACE_VIDEO_RES / TRACE_VIDEO_SYNC ?

On 5.4.2021 19.23, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
> So I'd rather keep those 2 bits available and separate.

Ok, we still have free bits left.

what is the SDL2 resolution change you want to trace ?

All of them.  But they happen only as response on
what user does (potentially through somewhat
contorted routes through Hatari & SDL code), so
they don't happen often.

My feeling was that TRACE_xxxx bits were more about tracing emulation events,

I don't see why they couldn't be used for tracing anything Hatari related activity.

Asking users to twiddle with DEBUG defines and
re-compile their own Hatari versions normally
doesn't fly very well, if all they want and have
used is pre-compiled Hatari binaries.

> not host related calss.

You could think of it as being part of Hatari's
Atari monitor emulation.  Which can be impacted
by many different kinds of host things (SDL
version, Hatari screen options, host monitor
resolution, host OS / window manager, user window
manipulation activity).