Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari WinUAE vs oldUAE information, and MiNT with MMU?

Nicolas Pomarède schrieb:

As emutos supports 68060, maybe they could add such fpu soft emulation
in emutos too ?

The Motorola Floating Point Support Package (FPSP) is quite large in
size, over 50 kB compiled, even without the required OS hooks:
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/master/arch/m68k/ifpsp060/fpsp.sa

Since EmuTOS is always limited by ROM space (even in the 512k versions),
personally, I don't see that we would include FPU emulation for the
68060 into EmuTOS. I'd rather suggest making an AUTO folder program out
of the FPSP, if that doesn't already exist.

Regards
Christian

PS: The one instruction that EmuTOS does emulate on the 68060 is MOVEP.
I presume that is because afaik it's used in PureC startup code and,
therefore, in many applications.
--
Christian Zietz  -  CHZ-Soft  -  czietz@xxxxxxx
WWW: https://www.chzsoft.de/