Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari WinUAE vs oldUAE information, and MiNT with MMU?

Le 14/01/2021 à 01:16, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
Hi,

On 1/12/21 7:34 PM, Nicolas Pomarède wrote:
Le 09/01/2021 à 16:58, Eero Tamminen a écrit :
* There are still 2 demos that work only with
   oldAUE core.

   Fit's "Hex Pistols" and "Stercus Accidit" Falcon
   demos bomb at startup regardless of what Hatari
   WinUAE CPU core options are used, although they
   work fine with oldUAE CPU core, both with
   "--compatible" option enabled and disabled,
   and with TOS4 and EmuTOS.

   Could you check that it's not some long term
   regression, but e.g. due to cycle-accuracy
   reasons?

Looking at their docs, both of these are ports of 060 Amiga demos, and for "Falcon060".  I've moved
them to 060 section of the compatibility doc.

With oldUAE core, they work fine with 030CE Falcon
emulation, even with EmuTOS.

=> I guess these demos are relying on missing CPU
    & FPU emulation instruction in CT TOS.

Hi

yes, it's quite likely that they work on falcon060 using some extra libs to emulate the missing fpu instruction using software.

IIRC sources for ct60 and its tos modifications are available, could give some hints on what to change in Hatari (or to add support for CT60 tos in hatari)

As emutos supports 68060, maybe they could add such fpu soft emulation in emutos too ?