Re: [hatari-devel] Debugger "next subreturn" command

On 1/9/21 12:43 AM, Roger Burrows wrote:
On 9 Jan 2021 at 0:19, Eero Tamminen wrote:
I'm testing attached "subreturn" directive
improvement for debugger "next" command.

Would "subreturn" working differently compared
to "exreturn" & "return" directives be confusing,
and should debugger help for "next" tell something
about them, not just debugger manual?

(If it should, any suggestions for help text?)

I'm not sure I can answer your question directly, but I would like something as
simple as the DevPac debugger command.  If you do a "control-T" then it
basically sets a temporary breakpoint at the next instruction, then runs at
full speed until (any) breakpoint is hit.  In fact, you can single-step through
any code (running subroutines at full speed) by continually pressing control-T.

If what you're planning will do that, you're a hero.

Doesn't the current "n" (next) command already
work well enough for that?

(One needs to press Enter for readline to stop
processing input and give it to debugger, but
repeatedly pressing e.g. up + enter is fairly
fast too.)