Re: [hatari-devel] Debugger "next subreturn" command

Hi Eero,
On 9 Jan 2021 at 0:19, Eero Tamminen wrote:

> I'm testing attached "subreturn" directive
> improvement for debugger "next" command.
>
> Would "subreturn" working differently compared
> to "exreturn" & "return" directives be confusing,
> and should debugger help for "next" tell something
> about them, not just debugger manual?
>
> (If it should, any suggestions for help text?)

I'm not sure I can answer your question directly, but I would like something as
simple as the DevPac debugger command.  If you do a "control-T" then it
basically sets a temporary breakpoint at the next instruction, then runs at
full speed until (any) breakpoint is hit.  In fact, you can single-step through
any code (running subroutines at full speed) by continually pressing control-T.

If what you're planning will do that, you're a hero.

Roger