Re: [hatari-devel] Suspected Hatari 2.3.0 regression (prefetch?)

On 12/19/20 11:14 AM, Christian Zietz wrote:
Eero Tamminen schrieb:

I've noticed also something working less
than earlier, but so far that has happened
only with EmuTOS (so it could potentially
be some change in EmuTOS side too):

* Escape's "_" demo will now exit in first
    screen with EmuTOS git version

For me, using Hatari built from the current Git sources and a current
EmuTOS "_" crashes/hangs in the same screen both with EmuTOS and Atari
TOS 4.04. See attached screenshot.

In my testing yesterday only TOS4 reaches that.
EmuTOS crashed for me always already at the end
of the first (tunnel) demo screen.

Could you please share your configuration where
the demo works with TOS 4 but crashes with EmuTOS?

I can't any more reproduce it unless I enable
MMU, and even then it doesn't happen on every
start (TOS4 works always).

Options that I use which differ from defaults are:
--fast-boot on --timer-d on --fast-forward on --mmu on

(This isn't first thing that seems to reproduce
randomly. Sidetracked had similar issues earlier.)