Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari FPU support

On 12/9/20 3:02 PM, Jerome Vernet wrote:
Like making FPU item grayed when not using 68030.

For consistency other things should then work
similarly, DSP options being usable only with
Falcon etc.  E.g. in case of HD interfaces and
monitor types, this dependency would be between
different GUI dialogs...

SDL GUI doesn't support any of that, but I think
it would actually be rather irritating, because
one would then need to do HW config changes in
specific order.

(I tried something like that in Python UI long
time ago, and definitely did not like it.)

Currently if you select 68000/6882 Hatari ask for reboot even if the setting is ignored.

Trying to "optimize" reboots for dependent cases
would be too fragile and cause of subtle bugs.

(It's not enough to check for CPU type, as
there are things that could change it, like TOS
version.)

User either changes HW configuration or not,
or cancels it.  If HW config is changed there's
reboot, period.

> An alert to say that FPU config isn’t allowed
> with 68000 should be useful.

It's allowed. It just doesn't have any effect. :)

I think this is just a documentation issue.

Hatari manual needs to document details, and
GUI(s) need to give some hints for what config
given option applies to.

Maybe just changing "FPU" title in the GUI to
"020+ FPU" would be enough?