Re: [hatari-devel] Hatari 2.3 win64 exe

Le 29/11/2020 à 02:47, Thorsten Otto a écrit :
On Sonntag, 29. November 2020 00:01:21 CET Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

 > git reject the change because

 > tag v2.3.0 already exists in the main git repo.

doesn't -f (force) work?

Hi

no it doesn't ; I read some doc / forums about this issue, which can happen sometimes (ie you tag the wrong commit, push to remote, then change tag on your local repo and push again). In that case the remote server can decide to refuse the push, even if force is added.

but more problematic, even if you manage to change on the remote, then all people that pulled the previous with the wrong tag won't get the update with the new tag (see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19298600/tag-already-exists-in-the-remote-error-after-recreating-the-git-tag for a detailled answer).

So, all in all, I'd rather not try to force to much things on the remote server and risk to screw something (and in that case, it's hust a date in a file that was not committed correctly, not a too big issue)