[hatari-devel] [REGRESSION] ACSI emulation disabled with empty HD image

Hello,

something I consider a regression since the behavior changed since the
Hatari 2.2.1 release, imho for the worse:

When using a completely empty (only zeros) HD image as ACSI image, ACSI
emulation is not enabled:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/tree/src/hdc.c#n883

This was changed by commit 2d8ada4bc:
https://git.tuxfamily.org/hatari/hatari.git/commit/src/hdc.c?id=2d8ada4bc

This means that -- in contrast to the 2.2.1 release -- you cannot even
partition an ACSI harddisk (image) from within Hatari using a freshly
created file containing all zeros, because ACSI emulation is not
activated in this case. I hope it's not too late to fix this for the 2.3
release.

Regards
Christian