Re: [hatari-devel] Suggested patch to fix the SDL GUI on KMS/DRM

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 9:37 AM Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Sun, 1 Nov 2020 09:22:29 +0100
schrieb Christer Solskogen <christer.solskogen@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 7:17 AM Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Am Sat, 31 Oct 2020 09:11:08 +0100
> > schrieb Nicolas Pomarède <npomarede@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > I've now added a slightly more complex patch which only calls this
> > function if hardware accelerated rendering is used. So with software
> > rendering, we can still spare these cycles, and with hardware
> > rendering it should not matter too much from a performance point of
> > view anyway, so we should be on the safe side here now.
> >

> It's still a bit buggy. Pressing the buttons in the menu doesn't work
> properly. It seems to me it's missing a redraw or something like that.

Where is it buggy? On the Rasberri Pi? Wayland? Both? Does it work if
you change SDL_UpdateRects() to call SDL_RenderClear() unconditionally?

On the Pi, using SDL2 with KMS/DRM. Not with Wayland.
I don't quite understand what you  mean (I'm not a developer), but if you can provide me either a patch or a description on how, I can easily test.