|Re: [hatari-devel] Suggested patch to fix the SDL GUI on KMS/DRM|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Suggested patch to fix the SDL GUI on KMS/DRM
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 08:49:39 +0100
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1604130581; bh=9O/BJiI7SrcmF13X/NS1KU0p7UPYdc4bvF3+0rAxCNc=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=MXaK+gHyllNv01z8YaflrpZ7s2soBifYd6SuOhsqxPOFFkpm3EEBtP9VG5k+8SgfK mfK6jJRZ2NqmJJXI18726gf1W9JvFIvlYHkHemFQLICnl3Qdj3BjVGizkadCvGLNfr xVr75wHw97tj8r5Z9RyWwtcqiEzp8QHJBjSfOx4SZ3Xsn9Vf/PWoUSoejl1rAYjXSJ ti49xjjfWA1JwUeka3Xu5gL/Bz44Kj0zGop9Ya8Nz3O5W8c1eZCPYUnriDYCBBWZmz NEEdupPNtbmT2+Nbt2Mx2PioBYatDGAwNZWikkaD9BuesvJbtlmAzIpZNucwD9MAzo rhpjfQU29J9+w==
Am Sat, 31 Oct 2020 07:55:28 +0100
schrieb Jens Guenther <dbotw@xxxxxxx>:
> while discussing an issue with the Tandy TRS-80 emulator SDL2TRS in
> the RetroPie-Forum (1) regarding KMS/DRM with SDL2 on the Raspberry
> Pi 4 and Wayland, it turns out that the patch also fixes it for
> Hatari ...
Interesting ... we removed that call three years ago, after deciding
that it is not necessary, see:
and the related discussion:
Why is the call necessary with KMS/DRM and Wayland? Does it have any
side effects there beside clearing the surface?
So in case we have to include this again, do we have to do it on each
frame? Or would it be ok to only call it e.g. only on every 50th frame
to avoid the speed penality of the unnecessary screen clear?