Re: [hatari-devel] Blitter bug in STe mode

On Dienstag, 9. Juni 2020 10:37:02 CEST Nicolas Pomarède wrote:

> For those not familiar with blitter, TAS is often used in non-hog mode

> because it allows to restart the blitter if the blitter has still the

> busy bit set, doing this with only one instruction.

BTW, NVDI 2.5x also has some blitter optimized code, and also uses TAS in non-hog mode. It is used there for vertical lines, filled rectangles, and blitting. I'm not sure whether later NVDI versions have blitter specific code; the MVDI sources that are available in the MagicMac repo (which are based on 3.13) don't have any.