Re: [hatari-devel] Blitter bug in STe mode

On 09/06/2020 at 02:28, Roger Burrows wrote:
Wow. I wasn't aware that EmuTOS used the TAS instruction. That one is
completely forbidden on Amiga. Fortunately, the Blitter code is not run on
that machine.

Atari TOS also uses the TAS instruction, so that's why I deemed it safe ...

Of course TAS is safe on Atari, and can be used appropriately 😀
Unlike the poor Amiga where there are restrictions. As soon as TAS is not used in EmuTOS for Amiga, there is no problem.

BTW the FireBee absolutely doesn't like the TAS instruction, too. At least when accessing RAM, it seems to always bypass the data cache, causing inconsistent variable values. Also we are lucky, the FireBee has no Blitter (yet).

Anyway, I'm not going to go further off-topic here. Next step is to fix Hatari TAS instruction with Blitter.

--
Vincent Rivière