Re: [hatari-devel] IDE byteswap option broken?

Am Wed, 3 Jun 2020 22:34:03 +0200
schrieb Uwe Seimet <Uwe.Seimet@xxxxxxxxx>:

> There might be an issue with Hatari's byteswap option. With a drive
> image that has a regular (i.e. not Atari IDE but ACSI/SCSI/PC) layout
> whenever I read a sector the contents are swapped, regardless of
> whether byteswap is set to On or Off. My expectation is that On and
> Off would never yield the same result, i.e. one setting would return
> swapped data, the other not.

 Hi,

I am not aware of any changes in that area, so I'm surprised that this
should not work anymore. Could you add some debugging code to
bdrv_read() and maybe some other spots that use "byteswap" in src/ide.c
to see what's going on?

 Thanks,