|Re: [hatari-devel] Question on docs building|
[ Thread Index |
| More lists.tuxfamily.org/hatari-devel Archives
- To: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [hatari-devel] Question on docs building
- From: Thomas Huth <th.huth@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 14:10:21 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1589717422; bh=u4HRb4+JV4OKbDVOymhezgeChKKJHg6VHmAJUAcdMBY=; h=Date:Subject:To:From:From; b=kR1LnEKm1D22wYzPLBoCJn1qj+xNIteMk+D7JTNhUKYgq65oR2hPkkBt/LhPyten2 3p2D7ccPB2duw0qmgr5v+5i+kKOEgvdl4+a8ZRiChRGr4Qv9U4VCpxZqhwSllvg0NQ DsTY9ZaqiYE9xENa16zIc/qJWaL0PBllik6PXhkNMk2S4NgjkpPiZjKOc9tH/mNKrv Avl56hX0Xz2Eexd4fEvSi/AjUKg7kqQpxKXu8mr08+BrS6Bnzi+3SBg3nRQPRMQST5 zh0ofQS2f5VTF9501pLZfJucIHUH5oRflqQyjScgg0nNlec+6wHELx/rNIYsmkLgHe 87F5paAAMDsVQ==
Am 17. Mai 2020 12:31:20 MESZ schrieb "benoît tuduri" <benoit.tuduri@xxxxxxxxx>:
First, I'm apologize if this is the wrong place to ask that question.
I'd like to know how you write documentation like the manual... on the hand?
If so, wouldn't you like to have a format that is easier to maintain
like with asciidoc tools, etc?
Which one would you use if you had to choose one?
The manual is handcrafted HTML indeed.
It's very simple HTML, so at least I did not feel the need yet to change it. The only advantage that I could see right now, is that we might be able to generate the man page and the corresponding sections in the manual.html from the same source. But since the CLI options hardly change, I'm not sure whether it's worth the effort just because of this?