Re: [hatari-devel] Question on docs building

Am 17. Mai 2020 12:31:20 MESZ schrieb "benoît tuduri" <benoit.tuduri@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

First, I'm apologize if this is the wrong place to ask that question.
I'd like to know how you write documentation like the manual... on the hand?
If so, wouldn't you like to have a format that is easier to maintain
like with asciidoc tools, etc?
Which one would you use if you had to choose one?

Regards,

Hi!

The manual is handcrafted HTML indeed.
It's very simple HTML, so at least I did not feel the need yet to change it. The only advantage that I could see right now, is that we might be able to generate the man page and the corresponding sections in the manual.html from the same source. But since the CLI options hardly change, I'm not sure whether it's worth the effort just because of this?