Re: [hatari-devel] fixing errors reported by GCC 10 -fanalyzer

Le 12/05/2020 à 15:14, Thorsten Otto a écrit :

BTW i wouldn't worry too much about those assertions removed in distros. For debian and Ubuntu, it will take ages until the current Hatari version becomes part of it, and then only for the newest releases. And it will take even more time until users have upgraded to this release. So most errors reported there will reference quite old hatari versions, and the bugs maybe not even be there anymore, or hard to reproduce.

Please don't use "bad cases" distro as the common example :) Hopefully, distro like fedora, mageia or opensuse are shipping up to date Hatari release. For these people, we should try to apply the best methods to detect bug and have the users report them to us.

We should not define our goal depending on whether such or such "popular" distro like ubuntu ships recent version or not.