Re: [hatari-devel] My cross-compiling experience

On Samstag, 2. Mai 2020 10:55:40 CEST Christian Zietz wrote:

> Seems like the format string there is not what (my)

> mingw gcc expects.

Yes, that are typical problems when building programs for mingw, not only when cross-compiling. I get lots of such warnings also when building the m68k-atari-mint cross-compiler for mingw. The native msvcrt on windows expects %I64 modifier for long long types, while typically on linux %ll is used. That behaviour can be changed though, by defining -D__USE_MINGW_ANSI_STDIO, which then also uses replacements functions for all printf-style functions. There is even a separate __attribute__((__gnu_printf__)) for that purpose.

Typically, such warnings are caused by using __attribute__((printf)) for a function, while the ansi functions are used, or vice versa.