Re: [hatari-devel] 030 exceptions on auto-increment instructions

<snip>

>> (There seems to be something fishy in kernel <->
>> userspace interface, I've seen Linux to use
>> use exception handling liberally when accessing
>> all kinds of things, instead of it e.g. checking
>> for NULL pointers etc.  And for some reasons that
>> still doesn't work properly in Hatari.)
>
> hi
>
> hard to tell what's going on with just this kernel dump.

<snip>

Also enable MMU debugging (mmu_common.h #define MMUDEBUG 1 and
cpummu030.h #define MMU030_DEBUG 1)

When exactly does this error happen? After kernal has been loaded but
before any disk accesses or when first user space program starts?

I have noticed Linux drivers really expect error free hardware and try
to use all kinds of advanced features, for example neither IDE or SCSI
originally worked in WinUAE in Linux (or most other unixes) without
fixing few edge-cases (that if I remember correctly, also made some
drivers to misdetect hardware revision or type). Native Amiga programs
and drivers didn't care.

(Note that this has nothing to do with subject line)