Re: [hatari-devel] GEMDOS emulation and host-side DTA caching

On Dienstag, 18. Februar 2020 23:49:00 CET Eero Tamminen wrote:

> I also think Hatari code should check, log and

> return error if there aren't enough DTAs, instead

> of silently wrapping around...

I agree more with Christian here, there should be better solution. I don't know of any program that really has 256 DTAs in use at the same time, but still the current approach breaks just because there are many files to copy. And according to the original thread, increasing the value to 1024 wasn't even enough. Thats a bit ridiculous, given that ~800 files to copy isn't really such a big number.

Something is going really wrong there, if you imagine that it is the same process (the desktop) which copies the files, and a GEMDOS process has only a single current DTA associated.