Gesendet: Freitag, 17. Januar 2020 um 11:53 Uhr
Von: "Thorsten Otto" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An: hatari-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [hatari-devel] WinUAE CPU core cycle-exact option impact for 68000

While trying to do some benchmarks for EmuTOS, i currently have a strange problem with cycle-exact mode. The attached program gives different results on my machine: 39 loops when cycle-exact is off, 30 when cycle-exact is on. It is a simple test that just does a vr_recfl() on the whole screen, running for 5 seconds. According to Christian, 39 is the correct value on real HW, and on his machine he gets the same result in Hatari, independent of the cycle-exact setting.

The tests were done with a current snapshot version of 256k EmuTOS. The behaviour is the same with current Hatari, and official 2.2.1 release. Any idea what is causing this? I also tried the windows version, but that just crashes with a segmentation fault in VirtualBox...