Re: [hatari-devel] Mapping ST Joy 0 and Joy 1 to different sticks of same SDL controller?

Thanks, with jscal I couldn't see a way to split an input with two sticks into something hatari/SDL saw as two joysticks.

Managed to find another workaround by mapping the gamepad to keys using antimicro and then setting hatari to use keys for joystick input.

Llamatron's twin stick mode is really good.   At mode select press fire on second stick to play in twinstick mode.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 11:27 PM Eero Tamminen <oak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

On 1/5/20 5:41 PM, Alex Hornby wrote:
> ST Llamatron has a twin stick game mode where you can control direction of
> travel and direction of fire from two different ST joysticks.   Would like
> to try this out via a single XBox 360 controller on Linux/SDL with ST Joy 0
> and Joy 1 mapped to the two thumbsticks, and fire buttons mapped to A and B.
>
> Anyone tried this before/is it already possible somehow via config?   If
> not, tempted to try a PR to add stick/axes selection to the config and/or
> UI.

I haven't heard of anything for that, but it's
possible that the kernel input layer can be
configured like that.

At least "jscal" utility manual page states that:

"jscal  calibrates  joysticks  and maps joystick
axes and buttons.  Calibrating a joystick ensures
the positions on the various axes are correctly
interpreted.  Mapping axes and buttons allows
the  meanings of the joystick's axes and buttons
to be redefined."

        - Eero