Re: [hatari-devel] Patch: IDE support for sector sizes > 512 bytes

> Ok, it took a little bit longer (sorry!), but I've now finally checked
> the QEMU sources more closely to see whether it's also wrong there.
> It's not. QEMU's bdrv_get_geometry() function is simply always
> calculating with 512 byte sectors, no matter whether it's an CD-ROM
> drive or a normal hard disk. That's why they've got the "total_sectors
> >>= 2" shifts there. But since we're calculating with 2048 byte sectors
> in Hatari, we can remove these shifts indeed.
>
> I've pushed a fix to the repository now. Uwe, could you please check
> whether it's working as expected?

It's almost working. I was able to successfully use an image configured with
4096 bytes per sector just like a regular 4KN SATA drive. What's not yet
correct is the capacity displayed by Hatari in the drive name, see
attached screenshot. Hatari does not yet use the right sector size for
the capacity calculation.

Best regards

Uwe